Dou Itashimashite
Hello there. You've stumbled upon Charmaine's blog.Remember to tag before you leave. :D
![]() | |
|
Profile Blog Tagboard Exits @blogskins @deviantART @livejournal @youtube |
Dou Itashimashite Hello there. You've stumbled upon Charmaine's blog.Remember to tag before you leave. :D
Oh, it's just another fangirl. I'm Charmaine and I live in sunny Singapore (means that I'm located near the equator, where it's summer, summer, and when I wake up the next day, it's still summer). I don't usually expect presents on 7 April, but if you're feeling unusually happy you can give me one on that day. (:
I'm currently crazy over... at your own pace
Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 10:21 PM
Do you remember, people always used to tell you this: Don't compare yourself with others. If your friend got 85 for a test, and you only got 75, it's still alright, because you improved by 10 marks (assuming you achieved 65 for the previous test). Usually, people tell you this to make you feel better about your own results. But have you considered it from the other perspective? Let's say you started to learn something totally, totally, brand new. Let's say you've started to learn Adobe Photoshop. In the Photoshop lesson, your teacher starts off with demonstrating the basics and all. She seems to be going at this super slow pace. You just wanted to raise your hand to tell her that she's going too slow for your class when you friend next to you yells out "Teacher! Go slower! I couldn't catch what you were trying to explain!" Unexpectedly, the whole class murmurs in agreement. Being the considerate person that you are, you keep your opinions to yourself. Gradually, you get used to the slow teaching pace. After many many many lessons, your teacher attempts to speed up the teaching pace. Suddenly you find that you couldn't catch. You've gotten so used to the pace. Do you see what I'm trying to explain here? You need not necessarily be slower than the others. What if you were born talented in a particular area, but because you were influenced from the beginning to think that you're supposed to go s l o w? Okay, Photoshop's like a really bad example to use. But think about it, there must be something unusual that you seem to be able to pick up a lot faster than others. It might not even be a skill. You might be really good at memorizing awesome jokes at first sight or something really weird that you wouldn't have even considered it. I realised this "at my own pace" thing when I was forced to pick up a brand new, totally new skill on my own, without any guidance at all (but it was extremely fun to do so). What happened was, my IT skills are all self-taught (up until recently). I was never given the chance to go for any IT lessons in the past. Suddenly, there's an IT trainer in my school. So now I'm like learning from her, yeah, and I get comments like "you're really picking this thing up really fast". It never occured to me that I was learning fast. Because I was truly alone and the only comments I got was from myself (and I'm a very harsh critic when no one's looking). Mostly I only got to teach myself in the dead of the night, because that's when I'm not in school and when I've finally finished all the schoolwork and stuff. And because I have such limited time to teach myself with, I probably unconsciously try to pick up everything quickly so I can go to bed and finally get a good night's sleep. In the process, since I didn't have any external influence, I was truly learning at my own pace. No one to slow me down. You can try that too. Forget what the others have said and just do your thing. You might not be faster than the others, but what if you were faster than you thought you were? Don't let yourself slow you down! Did I just give a lecture? I must be growing old. ): MY NEXT POST WILL BE ON ARASHI! 'BEAUTIFUL DAYS' WAS RELEASED TODAY IN JAPAN YOU KNOW! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PV!
Tagboard Exits Carrol & HuilingChristina Hazel Lau Hazel Tan Hazel Woon Insomniatic Iris Jean Jia Xuan Liting Liwenn Li Yue Maryam Penelope Prajakta Priscilla Qian Yun Shermin Shihui Werner Xinyuan Xinyun Xu Chang Zoe Archives May 2008June 2008 July 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 June 2009 July 2009 November 2009 Chou Chou Arigatou Designer: CharmaineInspiration: Okimiyage Scan: Dai Dassou Font: Dafont Disclaimer: I am not affiliated/related to Arashi/JStorm/Johnny & Associates or any persons/companies/organisations related to them. No copyright infringement intended. This website is non-profit. Music Obsessions All listed in no particular order/chronological order (it depends):Anime
Books
Colours
Hobbies
JDrama
Movies
Songs (in general)
Wishlist / Adobe After Effects CS4/ Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 / Arashi: Attend their awesome concerts on a yearly basis / Arashi: Autographs / Arashi: All singles, studio albums and concert DVDs (excluding the ones below) / Arashi: Hold concert in Singapore / Arashi: Shop photos (Official and unofficial) / Arashi: Uchiwas / Good grades / Improve my web-design skills / Improve my drawing skills (both digital and traditional) / Improve my piano skills / Improve my singing / Jdrama: Kimi Wa Petto (entire series) DVD Set / JMovie: Hana Yori Dango Final DVD / JMovie: Watch Yatterman (in a CINEMA) / Live in Japan for a few years to do something useful (like study or work) / Master Japanese (ie. make it to JLPT Level 1) / Try seiyuu training someday! / Visit Japan in Nov'09 |
